Although on the surface invoice finance and factoring seem fairly similar, in reality, these solutions are actually very different.
The key differences between invoice finance from MarketFinance and factoring can be broadly categorised into four areas: cost, contracts, credit control and confidentiality. Let’s take a closer look:
|MarketFinance invoice finance||Factoring|
|CREDIT CONTROL||We don’t chase your debtors for payment so you maintain full ownership of those relationships.||You’ll need to hand over credit control to your provider so they can chase your debtors for payment.|
|COST||Invoice finance tends to be more cost-effective and comes with the promise of no hidden fees.||Providers often quote favourable rates at the outset but then add extra fees every month, making it considerably more expensive.|
|CONTRACTS||It’s a flexible solution. You can choose to finance some, or all, of your outstanding invoices and whether you’d like a contract or pay-as-you-go facility.||You’ll likely get locked into a rigid long-term contract and could be forced to factor all the invoices in your ledger.|
For our pay-as-you-go option, we use a discreet online tool to verify invoices and call on your behalf when we verify by phone.
Our whole-ledger option is completely confidential.
For both solutions, we set up a trust account in your name, so your customers pay invoices to your business, not to MarketFinance.
Factoring facilities are generally disclosed. That means your customers will know that you’re using a factoring facility and pay invoices to your provider rather than to your business.
With our invoice finance solutions, you get:
Accredited for CBILS lending: We’re certified by the British Business Bank to provide CBILS loans and CBILS invoice finance Fast funding: with quick decisions and easy set-up, you can get funds and get on with your business Help in real-time: from application to ongoing account management, our customer service team is here to help Straightforward costs: no hidden fees, so you always know what you're paying
- WHAT IS WORKING CAPITAL - A GUIDE TO WORKING CAPITAL SOLUTIONS
- WHAT IS PURCHASE ORDER FINANCING?
- WHAT IS TRADE FINANCE?
- WHAT IS IMPORT FINANCE?
- ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLES FINANCING
- WHAT IS ASSET LENDING?
- WHAT IS ASSET FINANCE?
- WHAT IS EXPORT FINANCE?
- WHAT IS TRANSPORT FINANCE?
- WHAT IS RECRUITMENT FINANCE?
- WHAT IS MANUFACTURING FINANCE?
- WHAT IS INVOICE FINANCE?
- WHAT IS FACTORING?
- WHAT IS SPOT FACTORING?
- WHAT IS INVOICE TRADING?
- WHAT IS INVOICE DISCOUNTING?
- WHAT IS SELECTIVE INVOICE DISCOUNTING?
- FACTORING VS INVOICE DISCOUNTING
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of Debt Factoring
- HOW TO COMPARE FACTORING COMPANIES
- INVOICE FINANCE VS OVERDRAFTS
- INVOICE FINANCE VS BUSINESS CREDIT CARDS
- WHAT IS A DEBENTURE?
- WHAT IS WORKING CAPITAL?
- PEER TO PEER FINANCE, CROWDFUNDING AND ALTERNATIVE BUSINESS FUNDING
- WHAT IS THE PEER-TO-PEER FINANCE ASSOCIATION?
- HOW TO DEAL WITH LATE PAYMENT
- TOP TIPS TO IMPROVE CASH FLOW
- The ultimate guide to accredited CBILS lenders
- What is the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) and should my business apply for a loan?