Accounts receivables finance unlocks the cash that is owed to the small company by selling the invoice. So, technically it is not lending, but an asset purchase. You are raising cash against your debtors. “Accounts receivable” is more of an expression used in the United States than the UK.
There are two types of account receivables finance:
First there is invoice discounting , a form of asset based finance which enables a business to release cash tied up in an invoice and unlike invoice factoring enables a client to retain control of the administration of its debtors.
Secondly, there is factoring. Accounts receivable factoring is usually used by companies that are smaller than those that use invoice discounting. The difference between factoring and invoice discounting is that the credit control function in a factoring facility is outsourced and that the facility is disclosed. Factoring is the sale of receivables, whereas invoice discounting is borrowing where the receivable is used as collateral.
It’s quick and easy to access funds, which means you can get the cash flow you need to get on with business. With MarketFinance, you get:
- Fast funding: quick funding decisions and set-up
- Hassle free experience: easy to use digital interface
- Help in real-time: personal customer support
- Straightforward costs: no hidden fees
- WHAT IS WORKING CAPITAL - A GUIDE TO WORKING CAPITAL SOLUTIONS
- WHAT IS PURCHASE ORDER FINANCING?
- WHAT IS TRADE FINANCE?
- WHAT IS IMPORT FINANCE?
- ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLES FINANCING
- WHAT IS ASSET LENDING?
- WHAT IS ASSET FINANCE?
- WHAT IS EXPORT FINANCE?
- WHAT IS TRANSPORT FINANCE?
- WHAT IS RECRUITMENT FINANCE?
- WHAT IS MANUFACTURING FINANCE?
- WHAT IS INVOICE FINANCE?
- WHAT IS FACTORING?
- WHAT IS SPOT FACTORING?
- WHAT IS INVOICE TRADING?
- WHAT IS INVOICE DISCOUNTING?
- WHAT IS SELECTIVE INVOICE DISCOUNTING?
- FACTORING VS INVOICE DISCOUNTING
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of Debt Factoring
- HOW TO COMPARE FACTORING COMPANIES
- INVOICE FINANCE VS OVERDRAFTS
- INVOICE FINANCE VS BUSINESS CREDIT CARDS
- WHAT IS A DEBENTURE?
- WHAT IS WORKING CAPITAL?
- PEER TO PEER FINANCE, CROWDFUNDING AND ALTERNATIVE BUSINESS FUNDING
- WHAT IS THE PEER-TO-PEER FINANCE ASSOCIATION?
- HOW TO DEAL WITH LATE PAYMENT
- TOP TIPS TO IMPROVE CASH FLOW
- The ultimate guide to accredited CBILS lenders
- What is the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) and should my business apply for a loan?